Monday, July 5, 2010

Knitting Around!

I've been knitting a many lovely baby items lately. We have 1 dear friend and 4 family members expecting a bundle of joy in the not so distant future. I recently found out that DH's cousin is expecting twins. That's a total of 6 babies that need some knitted love. I have decided that I love to knit baby items. You can knit so much love into a tiny baby hat or booties. Thus far I have made 2 sweaters and I am currently knitting a cute light pink cardigan.

Here is a photo of my second sweater:

I think that I may have enough yarn left for little socks to go with it!

I have been a busy bee last week:

I finished an adorable Preemie hat. It looks like a little watermelon colored dollop. I am donating this hat to Knitting Kindness at The Urban Sheep. Knitting Kindness is a group that meets Wednesdays 12noon-2pm to knit charity items for our local area. I usually go at 1pm after I get off work. Sadly, The Urban Sheep is closed this week on Wednesday so I will start another baby hat to donate next week
.

I finished a Red and White baby bib. It's knit with 100% worsted weight cotton. I haven't decided what style of bibs that I like best. I plan to start a garter stitch bib next.

I have been working on some crocheted infant hats. This is a little watermelon colored hat that I finished quickly. I think that it still needs a little work. I, also, finished a yellow cotton hat this week, but I need to take another photo of it in the sunlight.


Well, It's back to knitting for me! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment